Sunday, October 13, 2013

introduction

Hi all,
This is my first ever blog and hope I make a good blogger. I am Fathimath Shareef and I am a school principal at a Primary school where we have 362 students studying from grades 1 to 7 and a SEN class. Initially, I have been an Accounting and Economics teachers for Secondary grades at another school but I am teaching English and Maths to primary grades since I joined here.
I have always been thinking of  how I can bring about changes to the way of learning in our small community with the maximum use of technology which we find very scarce. This course experience will definitely help me in achieving my target and I am beginning to learn entirely new knowledge on web skills for teaching like blogging.
I am super excited with my blogging experience and hope to learn from all my Oregon classmates in the upcoming weeks. 
Cheers
Fathimath

5 comments:

  1. Nice photo, Fathimath! It is so fascinating that you live and work in the Maldives, like in Fairyland. I come from an island myself, Rymättylä, near Turku in Finland, but it is a very different archipelago. (For example, most winters the sea in between the islands freezes over. Not so in your home waters! But we two share the fact that we are islanders (even if I've lived in the mainland for ages already.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pauccu. I have just seen these messages after 4 years. Can you reply to me. I want to contact you

      Delete
  2. Hi Fathimath,
    I am happy you have achieved the blog assignment, but I look forward to reading your second assignment, which is a blog of week 2.
    Good luck
    Waseem Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai 'Tom' which means name sake because Fathimath is pronounce Faatu in the Gambia. I also congratulate you on your first blog. It is always better late than never. Do not think that you are far behind.
    However, I agree with you that we are really learning. Please do not miss reading the reading materials they are very educative. this week , I was really fascinated by an issue that i am sure we all have once experience in our teaching career, The issue of reluctant ESL/EFL learners to speak in the classroom and the creation of Technology integrated Lesson Plans. this program is really full of surprises.
    I wish you a happy blogging time in the coming weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete